The pet insurance cost to provide you and your dog with a viable strategy to cover unplanned dog health expenses includes many benefits like customer service and fast reimbursement for a large percentage of the bills incurred for things like your dog’s surgery or medication so you might want to look into dog health insurance when you get your dog and review your options before you’re faced with a choice between your dog’s health and your budget.
This news brief gives you things you should consider when you add your dog to your household so you can decide on the right financial strategy to take the best care of your dog.
Pet Insurance Cost: 6 Things You Want To Get from Dog Health Insurance
- Customer Service – When your dog has an accident or becomes ill and you need fast answers, you want to make sure that your pet insurance company is friendly, compassionate and helpful. A good idea is to get references before you pick a company for dog health insurance.
- Fast Reimbursement – If you need to pay thousands of dollars for your dog’s eye surgery or cancer treatments, you want to be sure your pet insurance company reimburses you quickly.
- Peace of mind – Your dog may be perfectly healthy life and then one day your dog may need life saving surgery which is another reason to look at pet insurance cost for your dog’s breed and age. Dog health insurance gives you peace of mind when your dog needs emergency care. Make sure you review all types of coverage and choose your pet insurance company carefully so you have peace of mind in all situations.
- Full coverage – There are different rates of coverage from pet insurance companies so you want to ask lots of questions. Look at the the deductibles, limitations on number of claims and the percent of your bill that will be reimbursed. If you’re faced with a $ 13,000 cost for your dog’s eye surgery, you want to be covered for 90% of the cost or $ 11,700.
- Best medical choices – When you have dog health insurance, your dog will be covered for unplanned surgeries or medical treatments that you could make it well worth the pet insurance cost paid out monthly over the life of your dog. A wise approach is to check out your options for your dog when he’s a puppy to get some of the lowest rates. Shop around and compare at least 3 pet insurance companies to be sure you get the best plan for your dog.
- Life saving strategy – The average lifespan of your dog is 12 years. Your quote for dog health insurance varies according to the size and health of your dog. If your quote is $ 50 per month, your annual cost is $ 600, or $ 7,200 over the life of your dog. All your dog needs is 1 or 2 accidents or an illness like cancer to make you grateful for your dog insurance policy. Pet insurance cost usually runs from about $ 30 per month for small dogs to $ 100 per month for larger dogs. In other words, the range is only $ 1 – $ 3 per day to cover your dog with pet insurance.
This news brief gives you tips on what you need to look for from pet insurance companies so you’ll be able to make an informed decision about your strategies to cover your dog health costs.
Share this article with your friends and family so they can investigate pet insurance as a financial strategy for their dog’s medical costs. You can always depend on Dog Health News for the best dog health strategies.
By the way… claim your FREE “How NOT to Overpay to Keep Your Dog Well” video news. Just go HERE now to get your Dog Health and Wellness Video News.