Organic dog food may sound a bit too exotic for your dog however you might want to start with wheatgrass because it could become your dog’s favorite healthy snack and you’ll be amazed at all the benefits your dog will get from this superfood that you can grow in your own home which can result in fewer health issues for your dog and a potential reduction in your overall dog health expenses.
This news brief gives you the benefits of wheatgrass for your dog so you can consider a safe human superfood to help keep your dog healthy.
Organic Dog Food: 10 Benefits of Wheatgrass for Your Dog
- Vitamin A – Wheatgrass has a high amount of vitamin A that helps your dog’s bones, eyesight and reproduction.
- Vitamin B – This vitamin in wheatgrass helps your dog’s brain and body development as well as your dog’s adrenal glands, nervous and digestive systems.
- Vitamin C – Wheatgrass contains a high amount of vitamin C which is responsible for your dog’s healthy skin, teeth, gums, eyes, muscles and joints.
- Vitamin E – Wheatgrass is an organic dog food that helps your dog’s heart because of a high amount of vitamin E that more easily absorbed than synthetic vitamins.
- Blood – Wheatgrass rejuvenates your dog’s blood, aids in circulation and blood cleansing as well as balance your dog’s pH level so your dog’s body stays alkaline.
- Minerals – Some of the minerals that are in wheatgrass are calcium, iron, sodium, potassium and magnesium. These minerals help your dog to build strong bones and teeth, have a healthy heart and regulates your dog’s body fluids for better digestion and elimination.
- Amino Acids – Wheatgrass, used as an organic dog food, contains 17 amino acids, including the 8 essential amino acids or proteins that your dog’s body cannot manufacture by itself.
- Enzymes – Wheatgrass contains enzymes that stimulate your dog’s body to produce it’s own natural enzymes
- Deodorizes – Wheatgrass can keep your dog smelling fresh because it removes the toxins from your dog’s body.
- Toxin protection – Wheatgrass is not toxic and helps your dog to shed pounds by detoxifying your dog’s body. Wheatgrass can help with your dog’s aging process, reverse illness, slow down aging and give your dog more energy and stamina.
Note: Wheatgrass can also be used as a poultice with pulp and juice in a cloth to apply to wounds. You should not use wheatgrass juice to rinse out your dog’s wound.
2 Simple Ways to Give Your Dog Wheatgrass as an Organic Dog Food
- Water bowl – One easy way to add .5 ounce of fresh wheatgrass juice to your dog’s water bowl. You can increase the amount to 1 ounce however be aware that your dog’s energy level will increase with wheatgrass consumption.
- Food, Treats and Snacks – You can use a food processor or mixer to blend wheatgrass into your dog’s homemade food and treats. Wheatgrass can be left in a small bowl near your dog’s water bowl for snacks.
Note: You should always consult with your vet on the right amount of wheatgrass to give to your dog every day. Your dog may experience nausea, vomiting or indigestion when he’s first exposed to wheatgrass just like humans.
This news brief gives you the benefits of wheatgrass as an organic dog food for your dog and easy ways to give it to your dog in his water, food or snacks. Wheatgrass is one food that is good for both humans and dogs.
Share this article with your friends and family so they can consider adding wheatgrass to their dog’s diet and take better care of their dog. You can always depend on the best dog health strategies from Dog Health News.
By the way… claim your FREE “How NOT to Overpay to Keep Your Dog Well” video news. Just go HERE now to get your Dog Health and Wellness Video News.