Dog health looks like a slam dunk when you have an adorable bundle of energy in your arms that often resembles a stuffed animal and you can’t imagine anything will go wrong with your dog because you’ll take such good care of him until you find yourself calling your vet after your puppy swallows part of his toy or even worse, you end up in the animal emergency hospital after your puppy falls down your stairs.
This news brief gives you the 5 items your puppy has on his wish list that will help you take better care of your dog so you don’t have regrets when things go wrong.
Dog Health: Your Puppy’s 5 Top Priorities for a Long Healthy Life
- Wellness Checkups – Your puppy wants your guardianship to prevent illnesses before they develop into a chronic health condition. Annual vet visits to make sure your dog is healthy may be the one step that will save you money in the long run and give your dog a longer life. You can also learn how to care for your dog at home by doing simple things like brushing your dog’s teeth and grooming your dog regularly.
- Dog Health Strategy – Your puppy doesn’t want to be a financial burden and would love to have the same options you have for health insurance. The best time to think about dog health insurance is when you first get your puppy so the payments are lower and you’ll be prepared for any accidents or illnesses down the road.
- Puppy School – Your puppy wants to learn to behave in a safe way with your help. This means that your puppy needs to understand who’s in control and how he can be safe at home, in the street, with other dogs and with strangers. Enrolling your dog in puppy school is one of the best ways to be a responsible dog owner.
- Nutrition – Your puppy wants a diet that won’t make him sick or cause him to gain weight, like those extra treats that may not be good for dog health because they add calories. This means that your dog wants you to read labels on packaged dog food to make sure there’s nothing toxic in the ingredients. Ultimately, your puppy would like to eat nutritionally balanced homemade food that’s not processed so he can live a healthier life.
- Exercise – Your puppy’s favorite wish is for daily exercise outdoors in the fresh air so he can breath in the smells, keep his brain alert and stay fit, not to mention his needs for elimination on a regular basis. Exercise is critical for dog health because of the activity your dog needs to stay lean, be agile, prevent stiff joints or develop arthritis.
This article outlines the 5 bare necessities on your puppy’s wish list that will keep your dog healthy. Dog Health News encourages you to start with these items and suggests that you learn more about all the options available for dog health insurance when you bring home your new puppy.
Share this list with your friends and family so they’ll have the information they need to take better care of their puppy. You can always depend on the best dog health strategies from Dog Health News.
SPECIAL BONUS — If you would like breaking news on how to NOT overpay for your dog’s healthcare costs and reduce the number of times your dog gets sick, then claim your FREE ACCESS to the “How to Control Your Dog’s Healthcare Costs” video news . Go HERE to get it FREE.